Our commitment to privacy:
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The information we collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted to the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland. The personal information collected from Application Forms, Eventbrite (registration for conferences etc.) and other sources from time-to-time is:
A. General information:
- Name (first name(s) and surname)
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Private address
- Business address
- Country of residence
- Membership Grade
- Degrees, Diplomas obtained, whether Pass or Honours, by thesis etc.,
C. Hon. Treasurer and Assistant Hon. Treasurer
- Bank details (if applicable for collection of membership and other fees)
- Credit Card details (if applicable for collection of membership and other fees)
- Date joined the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland
- Details of payments received
Note 1: The general and financial information requested above is used to manage your membership of the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland on an ongoing basis.
D. Other information
- College(s) attended
- Course(s) of study
- Current year of course(s)
- Director of the course(s)
- Position in Company(ies)
- Duties within Company(ies)
- No. of Employees
- Business Type
- Names of Referees
- Additional information as volunteered by candidates
Note 2: The information requested above is reviewed by Council to establish your eligibility for membership of the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland and your grade of membership and thereafter deleted thereafter.
Note 3: Council Members are also required to provide proof of identity and proof of residency and any other information as may be required from time-to-time to fulfil the requirements of banks, the Companies Registration Office and other official agencies the Institute of Chemistry has contacts with in the conduct of its business.
The way we use information
- We use the information you provide about yourself when applying to become a member to complete the registration process, to effectively manage your continued membership and to communicate with you as a member of the Institute of Chemistry of Ireland.
- We use return email addresses to answer the emails we receive or to broadcast messages from the Institute of Chemistry to all members. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All of the documents and articles that appear on our website are already in the public domain and are freely available.
How to contact us